Wednesday 10 October 2012

How To Remove Glitter Nail Polish Easily!

Hey Everyone!

So we all have that glitter polish that we love, and would wear every day if we had the chance, but it's such a pain to remove and takes so long that we can never be bothered to wear it, or when we do we regret it. Sick of ripping 1,000,000 cotton wool pads trying to get that glitter polish off? Then stay tuned for my simple, quick, easy & stress free way to remove glitter polish.


Cut two and a half cotton pads into quarters, and cut 10 strips of tin foil about an inch thick, and 2 or 3 inches wide. You will also need some nail varnish remover.

Soak the quarter of cotton wool in the nail polish remover, and put on your nail.

Wrap a strip of tin foil around your finger, and make sure the cotton wool stays on the nail.

Do this to all 10 fingers(or 2 thumbs and 8 fingers) and leave for 5 minutes. More stubborn polishes may need 10, but I have found 5 works well for most glitter nail polishes.

After 5 minutes of looking gorgeous, with your star wars-esque looking fingers, twist the foil back and forth one or two times and pull them off your fingers. Then you will be left with nails looking like these!(I took this photo immediately after taking the foil off.

Here's the glitter on my nails before I removed it!

Here's another example of glitter polish I wore this weekend that came off exactly the same:


I hope you found this helpful, let me know what you think and tell me if you try this!

Thanks for reading

What's your favourite glitter polish?






16 comments:

  1. Great tip, need to give this a go as I love glitter nail polish but avoid wearing it as it's so long to do take off x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am the same, I love it, but always dread taking it off, but when I found this I wear it all the time now :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a great tip! Going to try it out next time I use glitter nail varnish as normally it takes me ages to get them off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Tell me how it goes, this is honestly amazing, saves so much time :) xx

      Delete
  3. I usually find removing glitter polish such a chore. This is a brilliant tip. Will definitely try this :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is very annoying isn't it! Thanks :D Hope it goes well, tell me how it goes!xx

      Delete
  4. I've never used glitter polish. .-. but this sounds neat!
    T.T i don't have nails. *sobs* ;A; i'm trying! t.t such a bad habit to bite nails.
    Anyway, one day when i have them i will try this! :D

    -Jae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :( heheh yes! I love glitter polish :) xx

      Delete
  5. That's such a great idea! You're supposed to take shellac/gels off like this too, never thought to try it for taking glitter nail polishes off. Nice tip :)

    Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Really? I never knew that! Thanks very much :D xx

      Delete
  6. WHAT OH MY GOSH IM GOING TO TRY THIS

    stephanieslook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really handy, will have to give it a go next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, it makes me smile! I will be sure to reply to all comments within 24 hours. Please feel free to leave your blog link, but not 'Follow for follow' because then I definitely won't follow you! Thanks :) x