Friday 3 May 2013

Guest Post // Managing Being a Blogger


*This is a guest post by the lovely Liz, thanks for an amazing post! And thanks for Jess for organising this guest post swap, it has been so much fun!*

Today I am writing to you about how to manager being a blogger and going to school/college, working fulltime, etc. It is not as easy as it seems but here are a few tips and tricks I have discovered along the way.

1) Create a list of all your ideas for posts and/or videos
This way you don't have to spend extra time thinking about post ideas. You can already have your ideas ready for when you go to shoot the photos/videos. Also, carry a notebook with you to write any ideas that come to mind throughout the day/week.

2) Find one day to edit/film/upload your posts and/or videos
I find this extremely helpful when you are working fulltime or going to college/school. You will have a designated time to work on all your material for the upcoming week. That way you don't have to be stressed or worried about not finding time to work on your blog.

3) Schedule posts/videos
Blogger and Wordpress both have the function to schedule your posts. This way you can write them up and have them stored away and ready to be posted throughout the week. I find this useful when I know I am going to have a very busy week and will not have time to get on my computer/phone/tablet to post on your blog. You can choose whatever time of day, or day of the week to post. The only thing about this that annoys me is with Blogger, you can't automatically tweet the posts to your followers (if you know a way to do this please let me know!), but you can post it to a Google+ account.

4) Guest posts
Work with other bloggers, companies, etc. to have guest posts on your blog. This way, you still have content to post, you just don't have to worry about writing it yourself. It gives the writer exposure on your blog, while making your blog the medium for the post. I find this works great when you go away on vacation, so you always have something to post

I hope this was helpful

xx Liz

Twitter @lizlovesmakeup

1 comment:

  1. lovely blog :)

    check out my blog & follow if you like :)

    xoxo rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, it makes me smile! I will be sure to reply to all comments within 24 hours. Please feel free to leave your blog link, but not 'Follow for follow' because then I definitely won't follow you! Thanks :) x